- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Open Publishing grants free and open online access to academic information.
The broader concept includes research outputs such as monographs, data, or code.
Open Publishing in University of Galway
Unrestricted and Open Access to a study’s findings and the journal articles, books or other publications arising from the study is at the heart of Open Scholarship. The University of Galway is committed to increasing Open Access to our research publications.
- As part of the IReL consortium we negotiate Open Access deals with publishers so our researchers can publish Gold Open Access with no cost to the author.
- Our Open Access to Research Outputs Policy commits University of Galway to Open Access and articulates expectations on our researchers.
- The University of Galway Research Repository enables Green Open Access.
- We are negotiating publishing deals to enable University of Galway authors to publish Gold Open Access without payments. For example, the deal with Elsevier.
If you have any questions regarding Open Access, email email@example.com