- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Equipment & More
Equipment & More
We have laptops and equipment which can be used in the Library or checked out for up to one week.
- Audio & Video: Microphones, Cameras, and Tripods may be borrowed from the Library MakerSpace
- Computing: Raspberry Pis, Arduino boards, Circuit Playgrounds, and more
- Drones: Anyone using the Library MakerSpace Drones must ensure that they are able to safely and legally fly a drone in Ireland. You must complete drone competency training through MySRS and through the Library's regular drone safety training sessions. You will be required to enter your Irish Aviation Authority Registration number to borrow the drone. Please see the Drone Safety library guide for more information
- Digital Art: Borrow drawing tablets for use with Mac, PC, or tablet
- Library Laptops: Available for Library use only
- Sustainability: Codema Energy Kits contain six tools to help you make your home more energy efficient. The tools enable you to save on electricity costs and help the environment too
- Virtual Reality: You can borrow an Oculus or Oculus 2 headset. These come with a number of apps and games pre-installed. To request specific apps, contact the MakerSpace for Students