- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Academic Skills Service for Students
We support the information needs of Undergraduate and Taught Master’s Students. We are located on the ground floor of the Library. Drop-in or make and appointment.
Workshops for Students
Academic Skills workshops are available as drop-in classes. These workshops support all Undergraduate and Taught Master’s Students in finding, using, and managing information.
- First Year In: Get off to a flying start and learn about using scholarly sources, using the Library catalogue & getting the most out of your Library to make your first year a success
- Finding Articles and Books: Learn about the main features of the Library catalogue, how to search for scholarly articles, books and ebooks, search for topics on the Library catalogue and refine results, and discover databases relevant to your subject area.
- Cite Them Right: Learn the basics of referencing, tools to help you manage your references and tips on maintaining good academic integrity including emerging challenges such as contract cheating and AI
- Conducting a Literature Review: Learn how to think critically about the information you use, how to narrow a topic to create a research question and create a search strategy using Boolean commands, filters and drop-down menus
- Endnote for Citing & Referencing: Learn how to use Endnote to manage your reference library and use Cite While You Write (CWYW) to cite and reference your sources
- Research Skills for Students: This session gives a good overview of what’s involved in the research process. Students will get hands on experience exploring scholarly sources, evaluating information, creating effective search strategies to search the library catalogue/databases and tools for managing references. This workshop is ideal for those embarking on completing bigger pieces of works such as a final year project or a thesis.
Self-Directed Library Guides
Check out the below guides for help getting started in the Library and conducting research.
During term time, drop-in at the Academic Skills Hub. Check our opening hours. You can also make an appointment to meet with us either in-person, or virtually over Microsoft Teams. Contact us at email@example.com.
Academic Skills Librarians & Assistants
Marketing/Engagement and Academic Skills Assistant
091 49 5229
Inter-Library Loans/Academic Skills Assistant
091 49 5229
Academic Skills Assistant
091 49 5229
Academic Skills Librarian
091 49 5228