- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
MakerSpace for Staff
The MakerSpace is a space where staff and students can be creative, collaborate, share develop ideas, innovate, and generally just 'make stuff'. The space is available for staff and students to use at any time while the Library is open. You can book equipment available in advance or just drop in!
Staff can use any of the tools and equipment available in the MakerSpace. You can also request workshops or incorporate the MakerSpace into your teaching through video or design projects.
Email Eileen Kennedy to enquire about building workshops into your curriculum. Potential workshop topics include:
- 360 Degree Video is footage captured by special cameras that point lenses in all directions to create a panoramic sphere of video
- 3D Printing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file
- 3D Scanner is a process of analyzing an object from the real world, to collect all the data in order to recreate its shape and appearance, digitally
- Drone Safety & Flying Basics is a list of prerequisite to ensure that you are aware if the laws and requirements around drone storage and use and that yiu seek the appropriate permissions before operating the drone
- Laser Cutting is a thermal fabrication process in which a focused laser beam cuts or engraves materials
- Virtual Reality is a simulated 3D environment that enables users to explore and interact with a virtual surrounding in a way that approximates reality
If you think you could help our work or work with us on a partnership, please contact us. The MakerSpace's initial seed funding was generously funded in part by the University of Galway Student Projects' Fund.
Library Digital Experience Developer
091 49 2549