- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
The Library provides a variety of study spaces for staff, students, and researchers of the University. These range from individual study spaces for quiet study and group study rooms where students can work together on projects, to our popular reading area aimed at providing a place to take a break from serious study.
Study Break Policy
In response to feedback, and to reduce the instances of desk hogging, the Library has a ‘Study Break Policy’ in place during peak times in the Library.
- Breaks can be 5 – 60 minutes.
- The Study Break Policy applies Monday to Friday.
- There is an “I’m Taking a Study Break” timesheet which all users must use during the weeks when the policy is in operation to record the time they leave for a break. (One sheet can be used 40 times thereby eliminating the need to pick up a new sheet each day).
- Timesheets will be available at the entrance to the Library and at both front and rear entrances/exits on all three floors.
- Library staff will be patrolling all study areas to check unattended desks for the “I’m Taking a Study Break” timesheet. If there is no timesheet, or if the time recorded has expired, belongings may be removed.
- If you see an unattended desk with no “I’m Taking a Study Break” timesheet, or the time recorded on it has expired, please feel free to move belongings to one side and use the space. If you feel uncomfortable doing this, please ask a member of Library staff for assistance.