- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Resources for Creating Accessible Information
Student information resources should be clear, comprehensive, timely and presented within an accessible format. Inclusive information involves clarity of both Format and Content.
Please consult the following list of resources for creating accessible material:
- Learning Path – Accessibility Fundamentals is a free Microsoft Course to cover Accessibility and Inclusion, the learning path provides an overview of the important accessibility concepts and how to create accessible content using Microsoft 365 and how to use accessibility features and tools within Microsoft Office
- The Association for Higher Education Access and Disability (AHEAD) offers a Digital Accessibility Webinar Series
- Trinity College Dublin (TCD) guidelines on Accessible Learning Resources
- The Disability Advisors Working Network (DAWN) handbook on Teaching Students With Disabilities: Guidelines for Academic Staff
- For accessibility considerations when scanning and editing text, see Guidelines for Editing Scanned Text and Textbook Conversion to Accessible Formats
- Useful web resources include
- NUI Galway’s Inclusive Teaching Practice
- Trinity College Dublin’s Inclusive Curriculum (TIC)
- National Council for the Blind of Ireland offers resources for producing written or online information that is accessible to everyone
- JISC TechDis covers accessibility in learning
Students have access to a wide range of software. See the Assistive Technology Area page for details.