- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Digital Scholarship Enablement Strategy
The Library’s Digital Scholarship Enablement Strategy:
- Enables students and staff to obtain assistance on emerging methodologies, analyse data and share results in new ways
- Creates partnerships campus-wide and enhances the teaching, learning, and research process in every academic discipline
- Empowers the next generation of scientists and scholars to be appropriately equipped to create new knowledge in a digital environment and to seek new solutions for a better future
- Familiarises students with the tools they need to make an impact in today’s world
- Empowers the Library to preserve new forms of scholarly information in perpetuity
The Library’s Digital Scholarship Enablement Strategy results from a consultation with various stakeholders and is subject to ongoing review. The strategy provides a framework for staffing and skills development, technical infrastructure, standards, project selection, collaboration and funding. It guides Library publication of digital collections, promotion of open access, and development of services, spaces and partnerships to advance digital scholarship.
Engagement and partnership across many areas identified in the strategy document are ongoing. This includes the:
- Management and execution of the world’s largest theatre archive digitisation project
- Establishment of a standards-based digital content repository as host to several archives and special collection
- Enablement of data mining by Insight of the Abbey Theatre Archive
- Publishing of the Open Access to Research Outputs Policy
- Creating exhibitions – it’s intended to feature the programme at Visitors
- A successful bid for funds to develop a digital MakerSpace in the Library
We want to work with you and are open to any questions.
Digital Scholarship Team
091 49 4108
Research Services Librarian
091 49 5959
Digital Publishing and Data Management Librarian
091 49 5961
Dr. Cillian Joy
Head of Open and Digital Research
091 49 5463
091 49 4486
Library Digital Experience Developer
091 49 2549