- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Tutorials & Guides
Discover how to utilize an array of tools and equipment, such as 3D printers, laser cutters, drones, etc. Our beginner level workshops welcome all, regardless of experience.
Tutorials & Resources
The Library provides a list of resources and tutorials including:
- 360 Degree Video is footage captured by special cameras that point lenses in all directions to create a panoramic sphere of video
- 3D Printing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file
- 3D Scanner is a process of analyzing an object from the real world, to collect all the data in order to recreate its shape and appearance, digitally
- Drone Safety & Flying Basics is a list of prerequisite to ensure that you are aware if the laws and requirements around drone storage and use and that yiu seek the appropriate permissions before operating the drone
- Laser Cutting is a thermal fabrication process in which a focused laser beam cuts or engraves materials
- Virtual Reality is a simulated 3D environment that enables users to explore and interact with a virtual surrounding in a way that approximates reality
For in person training and workshops, see the events calendar.