- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
How to Borrow a Library Laptop
Students can borrow laptops from the laptop locker in the foyer of the main library.
There is no charge to borrow a laptop. You just need your University of Galway ID card. The laptop will be assigned to your Library account, just like borrowing a book!
Fines will apply for late, lost, stolen, or damaged laptops.
Damaged/Non-Returned Laptop and Fines
- Charges apply and will accrue on your Library account until the item is returned or replaced
- If you do not return the laptop, you will be charged a replacement fee of €700
- If you damage the laptop, you may be charged for the cost of repairs or replacement of the laptop (max €700)
Instructions for Use
- Connect to Eduroam by selecting the globe icon at the login screen
- Select the relevant WIFI network, you will be prompted for your credentials, your student number and password
- Login to laptop using student ID number @nuigalway.ie (e.g. email@example.com)
- Remember to save your work remotely or use a USB stick as any files or folders cannot be retrieved after the laptop loan period expires
- You are responsible for all equipment and accessories until returned to the Locker plugged in. Once plugged in, the laptop is automatically removed from your account
Terms & Conditions
- Laptops can be loaned for four (4) hours
- The laptops cannot be taken from the Library building
- You are responsible for the laptop during the loan period. Do not loan it to anyone else or leave it unattended at any time
- If you do not return the laptops on time (and plug them in) you will be charged an Hourly fee of €1 per hour (or part thereof) for late return of laptop. You may also be blocked from all borrowing
- The laptop will remain on your library account until the laptop is returned and plugged in