- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Library Customer Charter
QA803 James Hardiman Library Customer Charter
The Library proactively supports and enhances the learning, teaching and research activities of the University. The Library acts as a catalyst for your success as the University of Galway’s hub for scholarly information discovery, sharing and publication.
This charter outlines what you can expect from the Library and what you can do to help us deliver the best service possible to you.
Our commitment to you is to:
- Ensure your needs are at the centre of Library services, collections and resources
- Provide a friendly, courteous, and respectful service at all times
- Provide a safe, welcoming, and accessible space which is conducive to study, teaching and research
- Provide a learning environment that values diversity and promotes equality of access
- Respect your privacy at all times and comply with Data Protection Legislation
- Meet our commitments under the Official Languages Act 2003
- Actively seek and listen to your feedback - collaborating with you to enhance and improve the service continually
To help us achieve this we ask you to:
- Be considerate of your fellow users and to treat library staff with respect and courtesy
- Be respectful of the Library buildings, collections and resources
- Familiarise yourself with and adhere to Library rules and regulations at all times
- Let us know when something goes wrong so that we can endeavour to remedy the situation in a timely manner
- Give feedback, comments and suggestions to improve our services, collections and resources
Download PDF copy of the policy: QA803 Library Customer Charter