- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
E-Resources Usage Policy
QA805 E-Resources Usage Policy
Increasingly the scholarly information resources that the Library makes available to you are provided online as e-resources, e.g., 300,000 e-books and 70,000 e-journals through many databases. These resources are acquired under agreed license conditions agreed between the University of Galway and the publisher. These licenses clearly state the conditions and responsibilities University of Galway users agree to while accessing content in these resources. This Policy outlines these conditions for usage.
As a current member of the University of Galway faculty, staff or student body it is generally acceptable to:
- Use the Library’s subscribed e-resources for scholarly, educational or scientific research, teaching, private study and clinical purposes
- Make a limited number of electronic copies of material for personal non-commercial use
- Share single copies of articles with other individual current University of Galway faculty staff and students
- Link to specific content hosted on the publisher’s/vendor’s site
It is not acceptable to:
- Download large amounts of material in a systematic manner (e.g., entire books or journal issues, or large-scale downloading from e-resources to create a body of data somewhere else)
- To use robots, spiders or intelligent agents to access, search and/or systematically download from these resources
- Use content from e-resources for commercial purposes, re-publish, redistribute or alter content
- Remove, alter or obscure the copyright notice
- In any way make content from e-resources available to non-University of Galway current users, for example:
- by posting fullt ext content online on any website, listserv, mailing list, etc.
- by forwarding via email or storage device any full text material contained in an e-resource.
- by sharing your Campus Account login credentials to allow others to login with the potential of accessing the Library’s subscribed e-resources
- Use e-resource content for other purposes that violate the University of Galway guidelines
- Many licenses prohibit the downloading and posting of licensed content on another server, even if for use in secure sites like BlackBoard. In general, it is required to create a link in a course module that points back to the original publisher/vendor website
It is the responsibility of every member of the University of Galway staff and student body to ensure their Campus Account Credentials are not used in breach of any terms and conditions listed above. Be aware that claiming a lack of awareness of the above Usage Policy does not constitute an excuse for lack of adherence.
Additionally, any person who violates the terms and conditions of the Library’s E-Resources Usage Policy as outlined above may find themselves subject to NUI Galway disciplinary procedures.
Click here to sign into your Campus Account.
Download PDF copy of the policy: QA805 E-Reosurces Usage Policy