- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Welcome to the University of Galway Library!
We have a number of supports in place to help you learn about the Library and get set up for academic success.
Important: You need to have your University ID card with you in order to get in to the Library!
Get Connected Desk
Drop by the Get Connected help desk in the Hardiman Research Building Foyer (by the Library turnstiles) for help connecting to the University Library and IT Systems. The desk will be open 4th - 7th September, and 15th September - 23rd September at the following times:
- 10:00 -16:00, Monday - Friday
- 10:00 - 12:00, Saturday
- Closed Sunday
The staff at the desk can help with:
- Logging into Office 365 (including email), Canvas, and your Library Account
- Setting up multifactor authentication (MFA)
- Changing your password
- Accessing campus wifi (Eduroam)
- Downloading books and journal articles from the Library website
Get an introduction to using your University Library and setting yourself up for success in your studies. Sign up for workshops here.
Library Tours will guide you around the Library building, showing you where to find printers, self-checkout machines, the Academic Writing Centre, MakerSpace, Study Rooms, and more. Tours depart from the Welcome Desk at the following times:
- 4th - 8th September: 12:00, 15:00
- 15th September: Every 30 minutes from 10:00 to 16:30
- 16th September: Every 30 minutes from 10:00 to 14:30
- 18th - 20th September: 12:00, 15:00
Students working at the welcome desk in the Hardiman Research Building Foyer (across from the Library turnstiles) can answer general questions about accessing the Library, finding your way around campus, and more. You can also meet guides for Library tours here.