- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
European Document Centre
Finding Information in the European Documentation Centre
Typically, the collection consists of a selection of publications from the following institutions of the European Union. Many of these publications can also be found online.
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission (Directorate-Generals)
- Eurostat Office
- The Court of Justice
- The Economic and Social Committee
- The European Parliament
Books and Serials in the European Documentation Centre can be searched for on the Library Catalogue.
This collection consists of the one-off reports and associated publications produced by the European Commission and other European agencies. The various treaties in draft and finished form will be located here as many of the important European reports over the years on policy initiatives to do with the EEC and the European Union.
EDC Serials (EDCS) consist of series, journals and magazines produced by the European agencies. Many of the leading annual reports and publications will be located here such as the:
- Eurostat Yearbook
- General Report on Activities of the European Union
- Industrial Relations in Europe
Researching the European Union
- CORDIS: Information on EU scientific and technological research and development
- EC Library: The European Commission Library catalogue is a very useful source for all European topics
- EU Bookshop: The EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library and archive of publications dating back to 1952
- EUR-Lex: The interface of law portal of the European Union.
- Europa Website: The umbrella website for the European Union
- SCADPlus: Summaries of EU Legislation